Saturday, May 18, 2013

TF201 Clockworkmod Recovery Bootloop Easy Fix on Windows

Last year I installed Virtuous ROM on my Asus Transformer Prime (TF201) with "One-click Root for Asus Transformer Prime on Android 4.0.3". Yesterday after I cleaned cache and data, I encountered "Clockworkmod Recovery Bootloop". I could not boot my TF201. Thanks to a hint from mungo10 @ forum.xda-developers.com, I did fix it as follows:

(1) Donwload "Universal Naked Driver 0.72.zip" from forum.xda-developer.com;
(2) When TF201 on recovery mode, connect it to a Windows machine, install the above driver;
(3) Optionally install a new ROM from Asus;
(4) adb shell to TF201 and type "echo boot | dd of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p3 bs=1 seek=0", exit and reboot;
(5) If a unrooted ROM is installed, an updated "One Click Tool" "viperMOD_PrimeTime_v4.6.zip" can be still used.

No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
HD Multimedia Technology player